CPY 557: Couples and Marriage Therapy: Theory and Techniques
3 Credit Hours
Theories and associated techniques of couples and marriage counseling will be explored. This course also explores specific developmental issues and social and political factors affecting couples. A range of therapeutic modalities will be surveyed.
Prerequisites: CPY 550 and CPY 555.
Course Syllabus & Administrative
• 2010 CPY 557 Syllabus (pdf - password required)
Course Power Point and/or Class Handouts
• Power Point #1 (Week 1,2,4,5): (password required)
• Power Point #2 (Week 6 & 7): (password required)
• Power Point #3 (Week 8 & 9): (password required)
• Handout: Psychological & Contextual Factors (password required)
• Handout: Gottman, Seven Principles for Marriage (password required)|
• Handout: Gottman, Predictors of Divorce (password required)
Course Reading Assignments